DRUPA 2012

 

DRUPA 2012 REPORT

 

For the 7th consecutive time, Cronite displayed a press system at Drupa in Düsseldorf, Germany.   Drupa occurs every 4 years and is the largest graphic arts show in the world.  The show marked the debut of Cronite’s new 7 x 11 Hi-Speed press!  The press with sheet feeder and Telestacker drier was run everyday on the stand to great public reception.

Cronite was lucky again to be able to borrow Juan Aguilar, master press operator and plant foreman at The Ligature, LA,California, to operate the press.  Juan was the first press operator to run the 7 x 11 and his expertise and professionalism made the presses debut a huge success.

As handouts at Drupa, we printed several papers on the stand including the 7 x 11 birth certificate with full border on the maximum size plate for the press.  The powerful 7 x 11 press had more than enough pressure to print this large area.  We also printed two examples of antique Chinese currency.  These plates had many security features including micro lines, latent images, guilloches and delicate scroll work.  Again, the much greater pressure of the new 7 x 11 press allowed us to print the fine detail with regular Cronite clean inks.  

We estimate that of the guests on the Cronite stand approximately 70% of them were actively looking to purchase or research security printing applications.  The remaining 30% of visitors were interested in producing social stationery with the greatest emphasis being on high end wedding invitations.  We spoke with government entities, private firms, schools and several national and supra-national police forces.

 The excellent results which Cronite attained at the show can only be attributed to the emphasis made in our pre-show advertising on security printing.  Our press systems are the cost effective way to produce intaglio images.  The Cronite family of presses gives you elegant 3D security in an easy to copy digital world.